Interested in becoming a licensed educator and already have an undergraduate degree? The Graduate Certificate in Teaching at UNC Charlotte is a convenient and efficient pathway to that goal. Designed to accommodate the schedules of current educators and other working professionals, the program:
- Offers a unique combination of online courses and innovative clinical labs (NOTE: The B-K program contains some face-to-face courses; the Special Education program is 100% online without clinical labs)
- Allows students to gain licensure in as little as 12 to 18 months depending on concentration and start term
- Has rolling admissions and multiple entry points throughout the year
- Satisfies the EPP enrollment requirement for the NC Residency License
- Comprises the first half (or more) of the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree that leads to advanced M-level licensure (NOTE: the MAT is not currently available for the Arts Education program; the next B-K MAT cohort is expected to be admitted for Summer 2022)
- Ms. Cassandra Himes (firstname.lastname@example.org), 704-687-8727) for questions about B-K, CTE, Foreign Language, Middle, Secondary, and TESL programs
- Ms. Ashley Langan (email@example.com), 704-687-8189) for questions about Elementary Education and Special Education programs
- Ms. Tesh Ramey (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-687-8182) for questions about the Art Education program
- Ms. Jadah Nicholson (email@example.com, 704-687- 7353) for general inquiries.
Please join our virtual drop-in sessions on Mondays from 3-4 pm and Wednesdays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm to inquire about the Graduate Certificate in Teaching and receive application support.